Monday, March 19, 2012

Taking a Break in Indiana

We are spending a relaxing week in Muncie, Indiana with our son Eric and his family.  While Eric and Crystal are working this week, we are able to have much extended time with our grand daughter, Isabelle. As you can see, she is bonding with Chuy and he with her.  Here are more photos.  The first two are of Isabelle emulating and angel and the devil: 


"Grannie" always loves unstructured moments with her sweet grand daughter...

 Dad has to attend to the fatherly chores, like making sure her face is squeaky clean...
We stopped in Little Rock on the way north to get some new tires and visit the Clinton Library.  Little Rock is a nice city.  We found a room at the La Quinta in downtown, free for Chuy, for $71.  Not bad. We visited the library and had dinner down by the River Market area.  Of course, I forgot to bring my camera to the Clinton Library, but here is a photo of the post card at least!  


 Back in 1972, my friends from Brown and I traveled through Louisiana.  As a blues and Dylan fan, I posed next to the legendary "Highway 61" signs.  On this trip, we followed the highway for a time in Arkansas, so I posed again in what I might shamelessly refer to as "Highway 61 Revisited." 
o
 When we arrived in Indianapolis on Friday, I had a chance to visit my cousins, Rod and Martha, children of my father's 94 year-old sister Alice.  It was Rod's birthday, so we had a small celebration.  Here are Rod and his wife, Deb, with their dogs, Gracie and Bochi...
 Martha, with her fiance, CE...
 Chuy loved hanging out with Gracie and Bochi, even though he was at a disadvantage in terms of size...

Here are Rod with his mom, my aunt, Alice.  Although she is suffering from several maladies, she just published a memoir and gave me a copy on our visit.  She is a painter, sculptor, and writer.  She even has an architectural detail on Westminster Abbey in London.  A remarkable woman, in every respect and my Dad's beloved sister...

Next week, we will be heading to Columbus Ohio to visit my friend from Brown, Dennis, and then on to Philadelphia...

No comments: